Friday, June 7, 2013

I Saw the Neatest Picture ....

Jesus in all his Caucasian glory, was sitting on a rock, and saying, "This is how it is.  I created you with original sin.  Then I killed off a lot of you for sinning.  Then I got a woman pregnant with me so you could kill me so I could forgive your sins."  This is the best description I have ever seen of Christian philosophy.

A Family Law professor asked us one day, "How do you know the Bible wasn't written by ten drunk guys sitting on a rock?"

A pastoral associate in a Catholic Church told me that the biggest myth in the Bible is Genesis.  It is simply the Christian creation myth and each faith has one.  It appears that most people need to understand where they came from and where they're going after they die.  This makes of most people seekers of the key to comfortable circumstances after death.

Here's an idea.  Instead of dwelling on where we came from and where we're going, why not focus on today and make of each new one the best day it can be?

More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No nasty words please. Feel free to disagree, but let's do so civilly.