Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wanna trade hardcovers for audio?

I have about 1,000 books that I'm replacing with audiobooks since I have this nasty combination of things making it impossible for me to read books.

Central sleep apnea (my brain turns off my breathing on an average of 37 times an hour) keeps me from getting into REM sleep, that sleep which rests us.  So I fall asleep if I sit and focus on one thing.

The other problem is cornea dystrophy (cornea cells gather in clumps and die) which makes the words on a book's page move about. So I'm reading the first line of a new paragraph and the bottom line on the page moves up and obscures that line, or I see double.

So nearly 1,000 books moving on out.  Stephen King is moved out.  Agatha Christie is gone.  Those two are completely replaced on audio.  Oh, and some that are on cassette are going to be burned to DVD and the cassettes then discarded.  There is a very cool thing that does that.  You put your cassette in and push play.  The program that comes with the little box then shoots the sounds from the cassette to the DVD in the DVD burner.  Very cool stuff and if you want one of your own, comment and I'll post the link.

There are others that I am adding to my Kindle and today will be testing.  If I can listen to them as text to speech, I'm in business!  Those include all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series (promised) and The Complete Father Brown by G.K. Chesterson (not promised).

So the Cussler books I've got almost all on audio now, but I'm missing a few of the most current and one pesky little book (Blue Gold) that persists in being available  on cassette in abridged version.  Abridged is bad.  So those books are promised but not released until I can find the rest of the audio.

There are lots and lots more authors on my list so if you have audios you want to swap for mostly hardcover with dust jacket in new or like new condition, comment and we can swap.

Some of the remaining authors not promised and with no audio found are:

Ann Rule, 

Jay Robert Nash, 

Time Life (the True Crime series)

The Barnes & Noble 100 Series, like 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories which I actually doubt ever went to audio, 

the 007 series that I have in paperback, 

a bunch by Erle Stanley Garnder, mostly paperback;

Lyn Hamilton's Archeological Mystery Series,

Everything by Tony Hillerman,

A bunch by Alfred Hitchcock, mostly in hardcover with dust jacket

Anything edited by Cindy Manson, a few of which I have in hardcover,

Anything edited by Otto Penzler, a few of which I have in hardcover,

Anything by Ellery Queen, some of which I have in hardcover along with lots of the magazines,

Agatha's Christie's autobiography and both Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair books, promised but still needed,

Both of Elliot Roosevelt's series.  I have two Blackjack Endicott and most of the Eleanor Roosevelt in hardcover,

Dorothy Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey series; I have a few in hardcover,

And so on. If you have audios, cassette or CD, that you want to swap but don't see your author here, comment and I'll check and see what I have for that author.

The Clive Cusslers I'm missing are:  Blue Gold, Devil's Gate, The Storm, The Race, The Tombs and Sea Hunter I.

Comment and we'll work out a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No nasty words please. Feel free to disagree, but let's do so civilly.